29 May 2017 user login
Everton Man City — 02 May 2014

Everton V Manchester City

In the words of Sir Alex Ferguson, it’s officially “squeaky bum time” in the Barclays Premier League. Manchester City travel to Everton hoping to keep on course for their 2nd title in 3 years but the Toffees know if they avoid defeat then they could hand the title to their bitter rivals Liverpool.

Everton go into the game on the back of last weekends 2-0 defeat to Southampton which all but ended their hopes of a Champions League place. Everton only need a point to secure a place in next years Europa League and will hoppe to get it here s they can relax against Hull on the final day of the season. However if you asked 90% of Evertonians and they would tell you otherwise. The other 10% will still be hopeful of catching Arsenal but the thought of handing Liverpool a 19th league title is horrifying for the Toffees fans and Saturday is one of them rare occasions where a football fan will happily see their side lose if it means stopping their rivals from being successful. A defeat to Man City will be remembered for days, handing Liverpool the Premier League will never be forgotten.

City can’t believe their luck. After the defeat to Liverpool and the draw at home to Sunderland, it seemed like Manuel Pellegrini’s men were out of the title race and Liverpool were strolling to the finishing line. However last weekends dramatic events at Anfield handed City a lifeline and Pellegrini will not want to fluff his lines once again. The win against Palace gave City a 8+ goal difference over Liverpool and if they win their last 3 games then that should see Vincent Kompany lift the Premier League title for the 2nd time in just 3 seasons. It’s 2 home games against Villa and West Ham after this for City so you do feel a win here will be the key win in the title race.

Everton welcome back Phil Jagielka but Sylvain Distain remains doubtful. Gareth Barry in ineligible against his parent club. City welcome back David Silva although it’s unsure whether the Spaniard will start.

Last season Everton shocked City and went on to all but end their title hopes with a 2-0 win. A similar result would be welcomed by there red half of Merseyside but I’m not sure about the blue half. I think there a still more twists in this title race and this will be a fantastic spectacle for the entire country to enjoy.

Last Season

Everton 2-0 City

Prediction

Everton 2-2 City

First Scorer – Edin Dzeko

Related Articles

Share

About Author

Davin

26 years old. Love football and more importantly Manchester United. Favourite Moment - Teddy's equaliser in the Nou Camp. Favourite Non-United Moment - Almunia penalty save followed by Troy Deeney's winner for Watford against Leicester 2012/13 Play Off Semi Final - Unbelievable scenes! Favourite Player - Paul Scholes. Favourite Non-United Player - Lucio. Follow me on twitter - Davin20_LSB

(0) Readers Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


three − 1 =

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>